Subject: SUMS to Host “The First International Congress on Advanced Health Technologies-Artificial Intelligence in Medicine” December 28-29, 2021
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-146      Publish Date : Monday, December 20, 2021 Visit :
2213 

NEWS | SUMS to Host “The First International Congress on Advanced
Health Technologies-Artificial Intelligen... 

SUMS to Host “The First International Congress on Advanced Health
Technologies-Artificial Intelligence in Medicine” December 28-29, 2021 
SUMS to Host “The First International Congress on Advanced Health
Technologies-Artificial Intelligence in Medicine” December 28-29, 2021 

SUMS to Host “The First International Congress on Advanced Health
Technologies-Artificial Intelligence in Medicine” December 28-29, 2021

SUMS to Host “The First International Congress on Advanced Health
Technologies-Artificial Intelligence in Medicine” December 28-29, 2021

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) and International Campus
of Sharif University of Technology will jointly host the “First
International Congress on Advanced Health Technologies-Artificial
Intelligence in Medicine” online. This two day event will commence on
Dec. 28, 2021, along with a number of workshops which will continue
into the next year.

In this respect, an opening ceremony was held at SUMS Information
Technology Incubator on December 15, 2021. In his opening speech Dr.
Alireza Mehdizadeh, the head of SUMS Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Group, noted the ever growing role of AI in medical disciplines and
highlighted Iran’s principal objective to join the top 10 countries in
this area. He then provided an overview of the following areas to be
covered at the Congress:

*	Medical signal and image processing
*	Big data management in health technologies
*	Internet of Things (IoT) applications in health technologies
*	Ethical and legal implications of using AI technologies in
medicine
*	AI applications in neuroscience
*	Bioinformatics applications in health technologies

SUMS to Host “The First International Congress on Advanced Health
Technologies-Artificial Intelligence in Medicine” December 28-29, 2021

The other speakers in this opening session underlined the efforts by
SUMS to emerge as a major hub in medical AI. Among the projects
highlighted were the creation of a major database for the management of
hospital data and a new discipline entitled “Artificial Intelligence in
Medical Sciences”.

In the end, it was announced that the next year’s meeting (2022) will
focus on topics related to “Mobile Health”, and in 2023 the “Electrode
Implant in Human Body” will be the subject of debate at this annual
Congress.