Subject: SUMS Faculty Members Among Top 1% of Highly Cited Researchers of the World in 2021
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-149      Publish Date : Saturday, January 15, 2022 Visit :
2853 

NEWS | SUMS Faculty Members Among Top 1% of Highly Cited Researchers of
the World in 2021 

SUMS Faculty Members Among Top 1% of Highly Cited Researchers of the
World in 2021 
SUMS Faculty Members Among Top 1% of Highly Cited Researchers of the
World in 2021 

SUMS Faculty Members Among Top 1% of Highly Cited Researchers of the
World in 2021

SUMS Faculty Members Among Top 1% of Highly Cited Researchers of the
World in 2021

The Vice Chancellor’s Office for Research and Technology (VCRT) at
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) announced the success of
the University’s three faculty members in joining the top one percent
of the highly cited researchers in the world in 2021.

According to Dr. Mahtab Memarpour, the Vice Chancellor for Research and
Technology, the faculty members who managed to join the top 1% list
over the last year included Dr. Younes Ghasemi in the field of
pharmaceutical biotechnology (May 2021), Dr. Ali Akbar Asadi Pooya in
the field of epilepsy (July 2021) and Dr. Omidreza Firuzi in the field
of pharmacology (November 2021).

The top 1% list, Dr. Memarpour added, is compiled in a report issued by
ESI (Essential Science Indicators) database. The report introduces the
world's most cited researchers across 22 categories of science over a
10-year period. She continued that the researchers in each field are
ranked in accordance with the number of citations they have received,
and then the top one percent are recognized as the scientific elite
based on the ESI citation threshold.

The Vice Chancellor referred to the citation counts of scientific
papers as the criterion for selecting the highest ranking researchers.
Accordingly, "the researchers who have achieved the highest level of
international recognition based on their research activities in the
last 10 years, would make it to the top one percent", she said.

Dr. Memarpour congratulated the professors and the academic community
on this remarkable achievement and wished them continued success.