Subject: SUMS Chancellor Meets Deputy Minister of Health in International Affairs to Discuss SUMS Internationalization Activities
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-150      Publish Date : Saturday, January 15, 2022 Visit :
2317 

NEWS | SUMS Chancellor Meets Deputy Minister of Health in International
Affairs to Discuss SUMS Internation... 

SUMS Chancellor Meets Deputy Minister of Health in International
Affairs to Discuss SUMS Internationalization Activities 
SUMS Chancellor Meets Deputy Minister of Health in International
Affairs to Discuss SUMS Internationalization Activities 

SUMS Chancellor Meets Deputy Minister of Health in International
Affairs to Discuss SUMS Internationalization Activities  

 

The Chancellor of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS), Dr.
Seyed Vahid Hosseini, met with the Deputy Minister of Health in
International Affairs, Dr. Mohammad Hossein Niknam, to discuss
approaches to develop international activities at SUMS. Dr. Nasrollah
Erfani, SUMS Vice-chancellor for Global Strategies and International
Affairs and Dr. Mohammad Amir Amirkhani, the DG Advisor of
International Affairs Development at the Ministry of Health were the
other attendees in this meeting which was held at the Ministry of
Health and Medical Education.

Dr. Hosseini first elaborated on SUMS efforts towards
internationalization and highlighted the admission of international
students as the University’s most notable achievement in this area. He
added that besides the academic aspect of this achievement, the
recruitment of international students has significantly contributed to
the cultural exchanges between Iran and other nations. He further
asserted that internationalization has been a major priority for SUMS,
and is currently pursued through signing agreements with international
universities and development of health tourism.

Dr. Erfani also provided a report on SUMS activities toward
internationalization. He outlined the challenges that the University is
facing and expressed his concerns about the existing barriers.