Subject: Vice Chancellors and Heads of International Departments of Iranian Medical Universities Meet to Discuss Medical Universities' Internationalization Objectives
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-157      Publish Date : Monday, May 16, 2022 Visit : 2143 

NEWS | Vice Chancellors and Heads of International Departments of
Iranian Medical Universities Meet to Disc... 

Vice Chancellors and Heads of International Departments of Iranian
Medical Universities Meet to Discuss Medical Universities'
Internationalization Objectives 
Vice Chancellors and Heads of International Departments of Iranian
Medical Universities Meet to Discuss Medical Universities'
Internationalization Objectives 

Vice Chancellors and Heads of International Departments of Iranian
Medical Universities Meet to Discuss Medical Universities'
Internationalization Objectives

 

A meeting of vice chancellors and directors of international
departments at Iranian medical universities was held at the
headquarters of the Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education
on Saturday, May 14, 2022. Among the attendees were a representative
from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Director-General of
International Affairs at the Ministry of Health.

 

At the beginning of the meeting, Dr. Mohmmad Hossein Nicknam,
Director-General of International Affairs, stated that global
interactions are among the priorities set by Iran’s Supreme Leader, the
President and the Minister of Health, Treatment and Medical Education.
“To emerge as a scientific authority, we must establish international
cooperation and communication” said Dr. Nicknam. He stressed the
necessity of developing a common vocabulary between international
departments at universities and the Ministry of Health, as well as
addressing considerations in international relations.

Also speaking at the meeting, Dr. Mehdi Honardoost, Director General of
Ceremonies at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, elaborated on the key
ceremonial protocols and emphasized the importance of coordination and
coherence between international staff at medical universities and their
counterparts in the Ministries of Health and Foreign Affairs.

 

In his address to the meeting, Dr. Ali Namaki, Health Minister’s
Advisor in Special Affairs, alluded to the presence of an international
committee at the Policy Council of the Ministry of Health, and noted
its role in using international capacities to improve health
indicators. Towards the end of the event, some of the country’s medical
universities expounded on their efforts in the area of
internationalization.