Subject: One-Day Accreditation Workshop Held for Medical Universities of Iran’s Fifth Region
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-158      Publish Date : Monday, May 23, 2022 Visit : 2328 

NEWS | One-Day Accreditation Workshop Held for Medical Universities of
Iran’s Fifth Region 

One-Day Accreditation Workshop Held for Medical Universities of Iran’s
Fifth Region 
One-Day Accreditation Workshop Held for Medical Universities of Iran’s
Fifth Region 

One-Day Accreditation Workshop Held for Medical Universities of Iran’s
Fifth Region

 

On Wednesday, May 18, 2022, a one-day workshop was held in Iran’s Kish
Island to reflect on various dimensions of institutional accreditation
in higher education. The event was organized by Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS) and the participants were the vice-chancellors
and directors of international departments at medical universities in
Iran’s fifth region.

The opening speech was delivered by Dr. Seyed Hassan Seradj, SUMS
Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs. Dr.
Seradj reviewed the efforts made for internationalization in recent
years and highlighted the importance of international accreditation and
recognition for medical universities and medical education.

 

In his speech, Dr. Asgar Aghaei, the Director of International
Accreditation and Ranking of Iran University of Medical Sciences and
the head of Accreditation Secretariat for Iranian Medical Universities,
provided a detailed account of the international accreditation program
supervised by Iran’s Ministry of Health and Medical Education. He
provided details about how the international accreditation program will
be implemented and stated that the accreditation board includes
professional experts from important international accreditation bodies.

Other presenters included Dr. Rasul Hosseini, Faculty Member of
Farhangian University and Dr. Arezoo Asemi, Accreditation Expert at
Urmia University of Medical Sciences who took turns to stress the
importance of quality assurance and the process of international
accreditation.