Subject: Forehead Contouring Surgery Performed in Shiraz for the First Time
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-168      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 20, 2022 Visit :
5800 

NEWS | Forehead Contouring Surgery Performed in Shiraz for the First
Time 

Forehead Contouring Surgery Performed in Shiraz for the First Time 
Forehead Contouring Surgery Performed in Shiraz for the First Time 

Forehead Contouring Surgery Performed in Shiraz for the First Time

Forehead Contouring Surgery Performed in Shiraz for the First Time

A team of SUMS plastic surgeons conducted forehead reconstruction
surgery for the first time in Shiraz. To reduce protruding brow ridge,
frontal sinus setback surgery was successfully practiced at Nemazee
Teaching Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18720/Nemazee-Hospital> .

Dr. Gholamreza Moetazedian, SUMS assistant professor of plastic &
reconstructive Surgery, emphasized the importance of brow ridge
reduction in creating a more delicate and proportionate appearance. He
continued to add that in this type of hypertrophy, frontal bone and
supraorbital ridge become prominent and cause a sulky and harsh look
for males and sometimes females.

As Dr. Moetazedian explained, some people might be affected by frontal
sinus enlargement and consequently the creation of prominence just
above the eyes in the middle of the forehead during puberty. Growth
hormone disorder and gene inheritance are among the causes of this
disorder, but in most cases, the cause is unknown, yet he added.

He also remarked that currently, aiming at reducing brow ridge size or
eliminating the prominence caused by frontal sinus enlargement,
forehead contouring surgery is carried out. This novel method applies
either the open surgery or endoscopic approach. To treat some mild
cases of this disorder and reach a satisfactory result, he expounded,
the soft tissue of forehead can be conservatively removed and the
frontal bone and supraorbital ridge can be burried. Moreover, more
complex measures, including frontal sinus displacement, should be taken
for severe cases. In addition to finding a softer and more appealing
look on their faces, some patients will recognize that their chronic
sinus pains are cured or significantly alleviated after recovering from
the surgery. 

Forehead Contouring Surgery Performed in Shiraz for the First Time

Dr. Moetazedian mentioned that the surgery done by SUMS team was
performed on a 25-year-old male patient. As he had severe frontal
bossing, his frontal bone and supraorbital ridge were burred, and the
front wall of the frontal sinus was removed and then secured back in an
appropriate position leading to the forehead reconstruction. Further,
his brow ptosis was treated at the same time he concluded.