Subject: Two World Famous Figures in the Field of Neuroscience Delivered Guest Lectures at the School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-17      Publish Date : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 Visit :
4214 

NEWS | Two World Famous Figures in the Field of Neuroscience Delivered
Guest Lectures at the School of Adva... 

Two World Famous Figures in the Field of Neuroscience Delivered Guest
Lectures at the School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies 
Two World Famous Figures in the Field of Neuroscience Delivered Guest
Lectures at the School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies 

Two World Famous Figures in the Field of Neuroscience Delivered Guest
Lectures at the 

School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies

 

Vice President for Research at the school of Advanced Medical Sciences
and Technologies referred to the successful organization of the
neuroscience seminar, attended by two world famous figures of this
field, in the school of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies on
Monday January 2, 2016 as a major scientific event happening in the
school recently.

According to the public relations of the school of Advanced Medical
Sciences and Technologies, Prof. Ben-Ari and Prof. Hammond, two
prominent neuroscientists of southern France in the fields of
evolutionary neuroscience and electrophysiology, were invited by the
Iranian Society of Neurosciences and supported by the Cognitive
Sciences and Technologies Council to visit selected universities across
Iran. They were also invited by the department of neuroscience at the
school of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies on Monday January
2, 2016 to a scientific meeting, visited the laboratories of Stereology
and Histomorphology and delivered speech in the school.

Highlights of the visit:

1.	Discussion sessions with students and faculty members of the
school around areas of research specialty in neuroscience as well as
scientific cooperation between the INSERM Centre and the department of
neuroscience.
2.	Visit to the Histoplasmosis Morphological and Stereological
Research Centers of the University and the discussion session between
the guest professors and faculty staff over research projects related
to neuroscience.
3.	Participation of over 60 students and faculty members of the
university and School of Advanced Medical Sciences and Technologies in
the following seminars:

a.    Emerging views on the Brain Chemical Link to Autism Prof. Ben-Ari

b.    The Implications of Deep – Brain Stimulation in Applied
Neuroscience by Prof. Hammond

These seminars were followed by a Question-and-Answer session, in which
students and faculty staff participated actively.

It is expected that constant organization of such international
meetings, attended by global figures in advanced sciences, not only
influences the education and research, but also helps the university
progress in the interdisciplinary areas of advanced sciences.