Subject: Fifth Process of Hospital Accreditation Begins at SUMS
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-170      Publish Date : Wednesday, July 20, 2022 Visit :
2283 

NEWS | Fifth Process of Hospital Accreditation Begins at SUMS 

Fifth Process of Hospital Accreditation Begins at SUMS 
Fifth Process of Hospital Accreditation Begins at SUMS 

Fifth Process of Hospital Accreditation Begins at SUMS

 

The fifth round of accreditation of the hospitals affiliated to SUMS
began in late June 2022- Dr. Mehrdad Sharifi, SUMS Vice-Chancellery for
Treatment announced.

Referring to hospital accreditation guidelines, he declared that a
considerable number of SUMS hospitals are assessed by the Directorate
for Supervision and Accreditation of the Treatment Affairs at Iran’s
Ministry of Health, Medical Education, and Treatment. The process was
conducted in cooperation with the ministry’s assessors, he added.

The accreditation process is one of the most effective methods to
evaluate health facilities, as he believes. Up to now, 18 hospitals
affiliated to SUMS are assessed and are waiting to receiving their
report cards and accreditation certificates. The hospital assessment
process will be completed by the end of this solar year (March 19,
2023) to evaluate the remaining SUMS health facilities - Dr. Sharifi
reported.

Emphasizing the importance of standardizing limited surgery services,
he said: “The first round of accreditation process of limited and
outpatient surgery centers begins in late July and will be completed by
late September 2022.”