Subject: Fars Province Makes Provision for Dealing with the Seventh Wave of COVID-19
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-171      Publish Date : Monday, July 25, 2022 Visit : 2047 

NEWS | Fars Province Makes Provision for Dealing with the Seventh Wave
of COVID-19 

Fars Province Makes Provision for Dealing with the Seventh Wave of
COVID-19 
Fars Province Makes Provision for Dealing with the Seventh Wave of
COVID-19 

Fars Province Makes Provision for Dealing with the Seventh Wave of
COVID-19

 

According to SUMS Vice-Chancellor for Treatment Affairs, Dr. Mehrdad
Sharifi, all medical facilities in Fars province are ready to confront
the recent surge in COVID-19 cases in Iran.

Plans are made, the scenario of increasing hospital beds to deliver
services to patients with COVID-19 is enacted, and detailed
arrangements for hospitalization are finalized to handle the situation
in proportionate to the number of patients and the severity of their
illness, Dr. Sharifi said. Considering the severity of the disease
among children and the increasing need of children’s hospitalization,
feasible plans are prepared, he added.

Moreover, as he mentioned, outpatient clinics for COVID-19 patients,
including the one at Hazrate Ali-Asghar Hospital
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18736/Hazrate-Ali-Asghar-Hospital>  are
once more set up. Drawing on the experience in overcoming the hurdles
during previous waves, he explained:  The significant role of
outpatient clinics for COVID-19 patients in decreasing bed occupancy
rate and facilitating medical services delivery to COVID-19 patients
has been proved during previous surges in cases. In case the patients
do not need to be hospitalized, they will be visited by physicians at
outpatient clinics for COVID-19 patients and receive medical care. 

Pointing out the rising number of COVID-19 confirmed cases, which
indicates the start of a new wave, Dr. Sharifi remarked that wearing a
mask in indoor settings and getting the booster dose six months after
the third primary dose are highly effective at reducing the surge.