Subject: SUMS to Recruit International Students in Pharmacy
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-172      Publish Date : Sunday, July 24, 2022 Visit : 2416 

NEWS | SUMS to Recruit International Students in Pharmacy 

SUMS to Recruit International Students in Pharmacy 
SUMS to Recruit International Students in Pharmacy 
 
SUMS to Recruit International Students in Pharmacy

 

SUMS Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs
(GSIA), Dr. Seyed Hassan Seradj, issued an update on his office’s
efforts to realize the University’s internationalization objectives.
Speaking to reporters, Dr. Seradj enumerated GSIA’s achievements in
recruiting international students, creating English content, doing
international marketing, developing international academic relations,
improving the University’s ranking status, and signing agreements and
contracts with overseas universities, institutions and partners.

The Vice Chancellor pointed to SUMS endeavors in educational planning,
which have transformed the University into a scientific hub in the
Middle East, drawing students from the region as well as other
countries in Asia. He added that after a year of COVID-19 restrictions
and travel disruptions, a cohort of 70 international students were
granted admission in 2021, and presently about 200 international
medical students are studying in person at SUMS; in addition, seven
international students are currently receiving residency, fellowship
and specialty training, while 7 have already graduated from these
programs.

While noting the high demand among international applicants to study in
the field of medicine, Dr. Seradj stressed GSIA’s efforts to admit
international students in pharmacy; he added, “Necessary plans have
been put in place and we hope to achieve this goal in the next academic
year”. He referred to the presence of competent and experienced faculty
members as one of the principal reasons for SUMS success in various
fronts, especially in recruiting international students.