Subject: Virtual Meeting Focuses on Internationalization of Medical Education in Iran’s 5th Region
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-178      Publish Date : Monday, October 24, 2022 Visit :
1951 

NEWS | Virtual Meeting Focuses on Internationalization of Medical
Education in Iran’s 5th Region 

Virtual Meeting Focuses on Internationalization of Medical Education in
Iran’s 5th Region 
Virtual Meeting Focuses on Internationalization of Medical Education in
Iran’s 5th Region 

Virtual Meeting Focuses on Internationalization of Medical Education in
Iran’s 5th Region

 

Delegates from eight medical universities of Iran’s fifth region
attended an online meeting to highlight their efforts towards
internationalization of medical education and share insights on the
road ahead. Hosted by the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA) at Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS), the meeting brought together officials from
international departments of medical universities across the region.

In his opening remarks, SUMS Vice Chancellor for GSIA, Dr. Seyed Hassan
Seradj, greeted his colleagues and provided an overview of the previous
meeting. Then he proceeded to enumerate the indicators measuring the
level of internationalization in medical education, and invited the
guests to share their perspectives on the issue.

During the meeting, the attendees exchanged their views on the benefits
and drawbacks of the presented indicators. A new set of indicators was
also proposed by a representative from Yasuj University of Medical
Sciences. It was agreed that a pilot self-assessment and ranking of
regional universities should be conducted before adopting the new
indicators.

Dr. Seradj concluded the event by announcing the plans to hold
bimonthly meetings of international departments, and expressed hope
that the next session will be held in person at SUMS GSIA Office.