Subject: Tajikistan’s Health Minister Visits Shiraz, Discusses Healthcare Cooperation
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-179      Publish Date : Tuesday, November 1, 2022 Visit :
2616 

NEWS | Tajikistan’s Health Minister Visits Shiraz, Discusses Healthcare
Cooperation 

Tajikistan’s Health Minister Visits Shiraz, Discusses Healthcare
Cooperation 
Tajikistan’s Health Minister Visits Shiraz, Discusses Healthcare
Cooperation 

Tajikistan’s Health Minister Visits Shiraz, Discusses Healthcare
Cooperation

 

A senior health delegation from the Republic of Tajikistan visited
Shiraz on Oct. 25 and 26, 2022. Led by Tajikistan’s Minister of Health
and Social Protection of the Population, Dr. Jamoliddin Abdullozoda,
the delegation attended a meeting with provincial and healthcare
officials of Shiraz and Fars province at the Office of Fars Governor. 

In the course of the meeting, the Governor of Fars province, Dr.
Mohammad Hadi lmanieh, pointed to the opportunities presented by shared
language and culture between Iran and Tajikistan. He added that the
visit is aimed at “enhancing communication in various fields of
medicine between Shiraz and the medical centers of Tajikistan.” Dr.
Imanieh elaborated on the areas of cooperation, including organ
transplantation, traditional medicine and admission of medical students.

 

Dr.  Abdullozoda, for his part, underscored the position of Shiraz as
one of the medical hubs in Iran and the region, and added, “Many Tajik
physicians have studied organ transplantation in Shiraz and are
currently serving their countrymen in Tajikistan”. Referring to the
cultivation of various medicinal plants in Tajikistan, he called for
bilateral cooperation in the field of herbal medicine and
pharmaceutical industry.  

 

The meeting was also attended by officials from Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS). Speaking at the meeting, SUMS Vice Chancellor
for Global Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA), Dr. Seyed
Hassan Seradj, stressed the University’s readiness to admit more
students from the Republic of Tajikistan and to expand collaborations
in scientific fields.