Subject: SUMS International Male Students’ Sports Team Achieves 2nd Place in Iran’s Non-Iranian Students Sports Competitions: Dr. Mohsen Davoodi
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-184      Publish Date : Sunday, January 1, 2023 Visit :
2313 

NEWS | SUMS International Male Students’ Sports Team Achieves 2nd Place
in Iran’s Non-Iranian Students Spor... 

SUMS International Male Students’ Sports Team Achieves 2nd Place in
Iran’s Non-Iranian Students Sports Competitions: Dr. Mohsen Davoodi 
SUMS International Male Students’ Sports Team Achieves 2nd Place in
Iran’s Non-Iranian Students Sports Competitions: Dr. Mohsen Davoodi 

SUMS International Male Students’ Sports Team Achieves 2nd Place in
Iran’s Non-Iranian Students Sports Competitions: Dr. Mohsen Davoodi

Sports Competitions, Khazar-Abad, sari, Iran

SUMS director of physical education, Dr.  Mohsen Davoodi, explained
that this year’s men’s sports competitions for non-Iranian medical
students took place in Khazar-Abad, sari, Iran, from Dec. 17 through
until Dec. 21, 2022. As he added, 400 contestants from 20 medical
universities attended the tournament. SUMS sports team, including 36
students, competed in 10 different fields and received a number of
individual and team medals. Finally, Tehran University of Medical
Sciences, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18627/About-SUMS> , and Kermanshah
University of Medical Sciences podiumed at this event, winning 1st,
2nd, and 3rd places, respectively.

Sports Competitions, Khazar-Abad, sari, Iran

SUMS team achieved first place in doge ball contests and first and
second rank for individual air rifle competition. Losing to Tehran
University of Medical Sciences, SUMS was placed second in tug of war
contest. In addition, in the fields of jumping-rope, Frisbee, domino,
and swimming, SUMS students took fourth place, Dr. Davoodi declared.

In cooperation with SUMS Vice-Chancellery for Global Strategies and
International Affairs (GSIA)
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18789/Vice-Chancellery-for-Global-Strat
egies-and-International-Affairs> , and SUMS Directorate for physical
education, students with sporting talent were identified and trained
for almost two months, Dr. Davoodi said. He also appreciated Dr.
Seradj, the vice-chancellor for GSIA
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18850/Vice-Chancellor-for-Global-Strate
gies-and-International-Affairs> , and Dr. Rasekh, the vice-director for
student affairs, for organizing and supporting the team. In conclusion,
he mentioned that so as to build a strong sports team, SUMS will
continue selecting and coaching talented international students who are
keen on sports.