Subject: Working Group Meets to Debate Internationalization of Medical Education in Iran’s 5th Region
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-187      Publish Date : Sunday, February 26, 2023 Visit :
2099 

NEWS | Working Group Meets to Debate Internationalization of Medical
Education in Iran’s 5th Region 

Working Group Meets to Debate Internationalization of Medical Education
in Iran’s 5th Region 
Working Group Meets to Debate Internationalization of Medical Education
in Iran’s 5th Region 

Working Group Meets to Debate Internationalization of Medical Education
in Iran’s 5th Region

Working Group Meeting for the Internationalization of Medical Education
in Iran's Fifth Region

Representatives from the medical universities of Iran’s fifth region
met in Shiraz on Thursday, February 16, to share their views on the
internationalization of medical education in regional universities. The
meeting was hosted by SUMS Office of the Vice Chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA) at the University’s Velayat
Cultural and Recreational Complex.

 

SUMS Vice Chancellor for GSIA, Dr. Seyed Hassan Seradj, delivered the
opening speech, elaborating on the internationalization process in
keeping with the educational policies of the country’s health ministry.
Dr. Seradj highlighted the efforts made to hold online and on-campus
empowerment workshops for the international relations staff from
medical universities across the fifth region.

His speech was followed by a presentation from Ms. Maryam Danesh, SUMS
Director for International Networking and Marketing. Ms. Daneshmandi
enumerated the responsibilities of her Directorate, and reflected on
the principles in designing a university website. She pointed to the
website features that are of importance to targeted foreign audiences
including international students.

Later in the meeting, the attendees had the opportunity to take the
podium and cast their views on the challenges facing the
internationalization of medical education in their respective
institutions.