Subject: SUMS International Female Students Ranked First in Iran’s Non-Iranian Students Sports Festival
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-189      Publish Date : Saturday, March 18, 2023 Visit :
3635 

NEWS | SUMS International Female Students Ranked First in Iran’s
Non-Iranian Students Sports Festival 

SUMS International Female Students Ranked First in Iran’s Non-Iranian
Students Sports Festival 
SUMS International Female Students Ranked First in Iran’s Non-Iranian
Students Sports Festival 

SUMS International Female Students Ranked First in Iran’s Non-Iranian
Students Sports Festival

 

The first women’s sports festival for non-Iranian medical students took
place in Khazar-Abad, sari, Iran, from March 2 until March 7, 2023.
During this festival, 14 universities fought for podium spots, and SUMS
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18867/About-SUMS>  won first place,
Dr. Hassan Seradj
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18850/Vice-Chancellor-for-Global-Strate
gies-and-International-Affairs> , SUMS vice-chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA), declared.

 

Two hundred and fifty students from a number of Iran’s universities of
medical sciences (Tehran, Shahid Beheshti, Iran, Tabriz, Shahrekord,
Arak, Isfahan, Urmia, Golestan, Yazd, Qom, Kurdistan, Kerman, and
Shiraz) attended the tournament. The contestants competed in 12
categories of team and individual sports, including futsal, badminton,
physical fitness, domino, table tennis, rifle shooting, dodgeball, tug
of war, skipping rope, swimming, Frisbee, and dart. Twenty seven
players from SUMS contended in 10 different categories and won six
medals in individual sports, including four golds in swimming,
shooting, and physical fitness; two silvers in rifle shooting and
domino; and one bronze in table tennis. In addition, SUMS team of tug
of war and Frisbee achieved first and third place, respectively.

 

Expressing thanks to Dr. Mohammad Hossein Anbardar
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18778/Vice-Chancelleries> , SUMS
Vice-Chancellor for Cultural and Student Affairs
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18787/Vice-Chancellery-for-Cultural-and
-student-Affairs> , and Amin Daneshvar, SUMS director of physical
education, for their cooperation with the Vice-Chancellery for GSIA
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18789/Vice-Chancellery-for-Global-Strat
egies-and-International-Affairs>  during this period, Dr. Seradj
explained that students with sporting talent were identified and
trained for almost two months. Despite this short time of training,
what SUMS students achieved displayed their sports competence, he
concluded.