Subject: Prominent Professors of Dermatology Visited SUMS
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-19      Publish Date : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 Visit :
4176 

NEWS | Prominent Professors of Dermatology Visited SUMS 

Prominent Professors of Dermatology Visited SUMS 
Prominent Professors of Dermatology Visited SUMS 

Prominent Professors of Dermatology Visited SUMS

 

 

Two prominent professors of dermatology, Prof. Rudolf Happle, professor
at the University Department of Dermatology in Freiburg (Germany) and
eminent Professor of Pediatric Dermatology and Prof. Gregor Jemec,
Professor of Dermatology, Health Sciences Faculty, University of
Copenhagen and Chairman of the Department of Dermatology, Roskilde
Hospital visited the department of dermatology at Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS) from  January 2-4, 2016.

The visit was organized by Dr. Farhad Handjani, associate professor of
dermatology at SUMS and Vice-President of the Iranian Society of
Dermatology. The distinguished dermatologists were invited as guest
speakers at the 15th  Annual Congress of the Iranian  Society of
Dermatology in Tehran, Iran from December 30, 2015 to  January 1, 2016
by Dr. Handjani.

During their 3-day visit, Profs. Happle and Jemec met with Dr. Farideh
Jowkar, the chairman of the department of dermatology as well as all
the faculty members and residents. They gave two interesting lectures
each and  spent one day at the in-patient ward and one day at the OPD
clinic visiting patients and carrying out discussions with faculty and
students. Their scientific interaction with faculty members and
residents was noteworthy and it was agreed that their institutes and
the department of dermatology at SUMS will work on mutual scientific
collaboration and student faculty exchenge opportunities. During their
stay in Shiraz, Profs. Happle and Jemec had a chance to visit the
historical sites in Shiraz as well as Persepolis, Nagshe-Rostam and
Pasargade, in the vicinity of Shiraz.