Subject: Virtual Meeting Held to Discuss Academic and Research Collaborations with Sechenov University
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-190      Publish Date : Tuesday, March 28, 2023 Visit :
2219 

NEWS | Virtual Meeting Held to Discuss Academic and Research
Collaborations with Sechenov University 

Virtual Meeting Held to Discuss Academic and Research Collaborations
with Sechenov University 
Virtual Meeting Held to Discuss Academic and Research Collaborations
with Sechenov University 

Virtual Meeting Held to Discuss Academic and Research Collaborations
with Sechenov University

On March 15, a number of SUMS
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18867/About-SUMS>  international staff
attended an online meeting with their counterparts from Sechenov
University <http://www.sechenov.ru/eng/>  (Moscow, Russia) to reflect
on the practical ways of establishing collaborations between the two
universities. Duraing this session, representatives from both
institutions took the opportunity to share their perspectives on the
possible approaches towards developing inter-institutional
collaboration and partnership.

In the opening speech, the audience were briefed on the foregoing
discussions that led up to the meeting. Additionally, some common areas
of interest including student exchange programs and joint research
projects were highlighted for further debate. Speaking next, Dr. Seyed
Hassan Seradj, SUMS Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18850/Vice-Chancellor-for-Global-Strateg
ies-and-International-Affairs> , took the microphone to extend his
greetings to his counterparts from Sechenov University.

Referring to the establishment of joint short term training courses as
one of SUMS priorities in cooperation with partner institutions, Dr.
Seradj pointed to the benefits of such courses, especially in providing
enriching experiences in new medical environments. “These courses offer
a unique opportunity for students to familiarize themselves with the
way physicians from other countries approach patients in a clinical
setting”, said Dr. Seradj.

From Sechenov University, Dr. Elizaveta Melnic, Head of Educational and
Scientific Center Farma-Premium, expressed her center’s interest in
joining scientific events, and in establishing joint PhD and master’s
programs, as well as exchange programs. She noted the center’s
successful implementation of internships with partner institutions
around the world. Her speech was followed by that of Dr. Vladimir
Gegechkori, head of educational program "Pharmacy", who introduced the
departments and degree programs of the University’s Institute of
Pharmacy.

Towards the end of the meeting, Dr. Mark Taratkin, Head of
International Office at Sechenov University, proposed that the two
institutions enter a non-binding MOU as a preliminary step towards a
solid partnership. Both sides concluded the meeting by exchanging
invitations for future visits to their respective cities and
institutions.