Subject: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) Takes Second Place for Organ Donation
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-192      Publish Date : Wednesday, May 17, 2023 Visit :
1958 

NEWS | Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) Takes Second Place
for Organ Donation 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) Takes Second Place for
Organ Donation 
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) Takes Second Place for
Organ Donation 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) Takes Second Place for
Organ Donation

SUMS Achieves Second Rank for Organ Donation in Iran.

Appreciating the organ transplantation team of SUMS
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18867/About-SUMS>  and organ donors’
family members, Dr. Sharifi, SUMS vice-chancellor for treatment affairs
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18778/Vice-Chancelleries> , announced
that according to the Per Million Population (PMP) indicator, SUMS
achieved second rank in Iran for organ donation.

The Iranian Ministry of Health, Treatment, and Medical Education
declared that managing 151 brain-dead organ donors during last year,
SUMS reached this rank, Dr. Sharifi said.

He explained that this measuring unit considers the number of donations
per million population per year. He went on to add that 405 liver
transplants, 364 kidney transplants, sixteen kidney-pancreas
transplants, six pancreas transplants, two multi-organ transplants,
nine intestine transplants, eleven heart transplants, and five lung
transplants are among the most significant organ transplant surgeries
conducted at SUMS during last year.