Subject: SUMS and PRMU Discuss Inter-Institutional Collaboration Online
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-193      Publish Date : Saturday, June 3, 2023 Visit :
1823 

NEWS | SUMS and PRMU Discuss Inter-Institutional Collaboration Online 

SUMS and PRMU Discuss Inter-Institutional Collaboration Online 
SUMS and PRMU Discuss Inter-Institutional Collaboration Online 

SUMS and PRMU Discuss Inter-Institutional Collaboration Online

 

SUMS international affairs staff joined an online meeting with their
counterparts from Privolzhsky Research Medical University (PRMU),
Russian Federation, to explore the areas of mutual interest and discuss
potential future collaborations between the two institutions.

The meeting opened with a brief overview of the agenda items, followed
by detailed accounts of medical, academic and research capabilities of
both institutions. Each party introduced their respective departments,
schools, undergraduate and postgraduate programs, as well as specialty
programs.

In her address to the meeting, PRMU head of International Affairs
Department, Dr. Tamara Rudol'fovna Bardinskaya, highlighted the
university’s successful experience in implementing joint double diploma
programs with partner institutions. She emphasized the benefits of
these programs, suggesting that they can serve as a model for future
collaboration between SUMS and PRMU.

Also speaking at the meeting, Dr. Seyed Hassan Seradj, SUMS Vice
Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs, briefed the
audience on SUMS background and scope of operations. Referring to the
University’s interest in clinical observerships, Dr. Seradj noted that
such programs present a valuable opportunity for medical graduates to
learn about new medical practices in different clinical settings.

Towards the end of the meeting, SUMS representatives extended an
invitation to their PRMU colleagues to visit Shiraz during their
upcoming trip to Iran. Both sides contended that official visits could
serve as a starting point for more substantial collaborations. They
also agreed to engage in further discussions regarding a preliminary
proposal for collaboration in the near future.