Subject: SUMS Sees Improvement in 2023 Global University Rankings
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-194      Publish Date : Monday, June 19, 2023 Visit : 2153 

NEWS | SUMS Sees Improvement in 2023 Global University Rankings 

SUMS Sees Improvement in 2023 Global University Rankings 
SUMS Sees Improvement in 2023 Global University Rankings 

SUMS Sees Improvement in 2023 Global University Rankings

SUMS Ranking Improvement

In recent years, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) has seen
tangible uplifts in global rankings across a number of recognized
ranking systems. A survey of World University Rankings (WUR), produced
by Times Higher Education (THE), indicates that SUMS has moved up from
a global ranking of 1001+ in 2021 to 801-1000 in 2023. Similar
improvements are also observed in other ranking systems including QS,
CWTS Leiden, Webometrics and CWUR.

These ranking bodies measure the performance of higher education
institutions against a wide array of indicators, and may necessitate
the involvement of numerous stakeholders and protocols within an
academic establishment. Citing the all-embracing nature of such
assessments, Dr. Seyed Hassan Seradj
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18850/Vice-Chancellor-for-Global-Strate
gies-and-International-Affairs> , SUMS Vice-Chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs, emphasized the importance of
concerted university-wide efforts in maintaining an upward trend in
global rankings.

Dr. Seradj also noted that the University has set forth some major
objectives for further improvement of its ranking status, particularly
in the area of institutional presence and visibility on the Web.
“Substantial efforts are underway to achieve these ranking objectives
and we expect to see meaningful results over the coming years”, he
added.

The most recent ranking updates are available on SUMS Ranking Reports
<https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18642/Ranking-Report>  webpage.