Subject: SUMS Neurosurgery Professor Attends International Congress in Tajikistan
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-195      Publish Date : Saturday, July 22, 2023 Visit :
2308 

NEWS | SUMS Neurosurgery Professor Attends International Congress in
Tajikistan 

SUMS Neurosurgery Professor Attends International Congress in
Tajikistan 
SUMS Neurosurgery Professor Attends International Congress in
Tajikistan 

SUMS Neurosurgery Professor Attends International Congress in Tajikistan

SUMS Neurosurgery Professor Attends Congress of Neurosurgeons of the
Republic of Tajikistan

A renowned neurosurgery professor from Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences (SUMS) <https://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18867/About-SUMS>
recently attended the first international congress on neurosurgery
titled "Science and Innovation in Neurosurgery – 2023" held in
Dushanbe, Republic of Tajikistan.

Dr. Majid Reza Farrokhi, who also serves as SUMS head of Neurosurgery
Department
<https://medicine.sums.ac.ir/page-backupmain991001/en/448/form/pId64692>
and director of Shiraz Neuroscience Research Center
<https://snrc.sums.ac.ir/page-snrcEN/en/398> , was invited to
participate in the congress by the Association of Neurosurgeons of
Tajikistan, which is affiliated with the Ministry of Health and Social
Protection of the Population of the Republic of Tajikistan.

The event, which took place at Dushanbe’s Avicenna Tajik State Medical
University from May 18-20, brought together leading experts in the
field to discuss the latest advancements in neurosurgical research.

SUMS Neurosurgery Professor Attends Congress of Neurosurgeons of the
Republic of Tajikistan

During his time at the congress, Dr. Farrokhi presented an article and
a report that showcased his groundbreaking research on innovative
surgical techniques for treating complex neurological disorders.

In addition to congress presentations, Dr. Farrokhi held friendly and
productive meetings with health officials from Tajikistan. Expressing
optimism about future academic and healthcare collaborations between
Iran and Tajikistan, he emphasized that such collaborations could
evolve into full-fledged partnerships, particularly in view of the two
countries’ shared linguistic and cultural backgrounds.

Referring to recent developments, Dr. Farrokhi announced that a Spinal
Surgery Fellow from Tajikistan has successfully completed his training
at SUMS Neurosurgery Department, adding that two new Tajik candidates
are set to join the Department’s fellowship program in the near future.