Subject: The Lancet Publishes an Article by SUMS Professor of Epileptology, Dr. Ali Akbar Asadi-Pooya
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-196      Publish Date : Wednesday, September 13, 2023
Visit : 2741 

NEWS | The Lancet Publishes an Article by SUMS Professor of
Epileptology, Dr. Ali Akbar Asadi-Pooya 

The Lancet Publishes an Article by SUMS Professor of Epileptology, Dr.
Ali Akbar Asadi-Pooya 
The Lancet Publishes an Article by SUMS Professor of Epileptology, Dr.
Ali Akbar Asadi-Pooya 

The Lancet Publishes an Article by SUMS Professor of Epileptology, Dr.
Ali Akbar Asadi-Pooya

 

 

The Vice-Chancellor for Research and Technology at Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS), Dr. Hashempour, announced the publication of
an educational article authored by Dr. Ali Akbar Asadi-Pooya, SUMS
professor of epileptology and one of the world’s top 2% researchers
(according to the World's Top 2% Most-cited Scientists published by
Stanford University Ranking in 2022), in The Lancet.

 

The article, titled “Adult Epilepsy”, explores the complexities of
adult epilepsy and provides a comprehensive overview of the latest
research findings, diagnosis methods, treatment strategies, and
lifestyle considerations for patients with epilepsy. It concludes by
outlining the promising future directions in epilepsy management,
mentioning that new diagnostic and treatment prospects, such as
automatic wearable seizure detection devices, laser interstitial
thermal therapy, and precision medicine based on the genetic causes of
epilepsy are under clinical implementation.

Dr. Asadi-Pooya’s article in The Lancet, the second most prestigious
medical journal in the world, serves as a valuable resource for
healthcare professionals and patients, emphasizing the importance of
understanding and managing this neurological condition, which has
profound neurobiological, cognitive, psychological, and social
implications. This comprehensive work and other scientific publications
by Dr. Asadi-Pooya showcase his expertise and dedication to advancing
professional understanding of this critical field of medicine.