Subject: Iran’s Medical Universities Discuss Health Diplomacy and Cooperation
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-197      Publish Date : Monday, October 2, 2023 Visit :
2137 

NEWS | Iran’s Medical Universities Discuss Health Diplomacy and
Cooperation 

Iran’s Medical Universities Discuss Health Diplomacy and Cooperation 
Iran’s Medical Universities Discuss Health Diplomacy and Cooperation 

Iran’s Medical Universities Discuss Health Diplomacy and Cooperation

 

The fourth meeting of vice chancellors and directors of international
affairs of medical sciences universities was held at the headquarters
of Iran's Ministry of Health. The meeting brought together
representatives from domestic medical universities including SUMS, as
well as officials from subordinate departments of the Ministry.

The meeting focused on a wide range of topics including international
engagements, management of international health services, recruitment
of international students, cross-border health cooperation, scientific
and technological collaboration among educational and research centers,
as well as short-term courses, skill training, and seasonal schools.

Dr. Mohammad Hossein Niknam, the Director General of International
Affairs at the Ministry of Health, emphasized the significance of the
meeting in strengthening health diplomacy. He highlighted Iran's
efforts in establishing health cooperation groups with several Latin
American and African countries.

Dr. Niknam also referred to a recent meeting between the health
ministers of Iran and Saudi Arabia on the sidelines of the World Health
Forum in Geneva, as well as a webinar between the two sides. He noted
that a memorandum of understanding to promote health cooperation
between Iran and Saudi Arabia will be signed in the near future,
encompassing various sectors.

The meeting served as a platform for exchanging ideas, sharing best
practices, and exploring new opportunities for international
collaboration in medical sciences and healthcare. In light of Iran’s
continuous efforts to develop health diplomacy, such events are aimed
at helping promote global partnerships in medical education research
and practice.