Subject: SUMS Faculty Member Receives WHO/TDR Grant on Cutaneous Leishmaniasis
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-20      Publish Date : Tuesday, February 16, 2016 Visit :
4090 

NEWS | SUMS Faculty Member Receives WHO/TDR Grant on Cutaneous
Leishmaniasis 

SUMS Faculty Member Receives WHO/TDR Grant on Cutaneous Leishmaniasis 
SUMS Faculty Member Receives WHO/TDR Grant on Cutaneous Leishmaniasis 

 

SUMS Faculty Member Receives WHO/TDR Grant on Cutaneous Leishmaniasis

Upon the Call for Interest sent out by the WHO/TDR in conjunction with
DNDi and the Global Health Network at the University of Oxford, for a
grant on a study on cutaneous leishmaniasis (CL), Dr. Farhad Handjani,
associate professor of dermatology at SUMS, who has a vast experience
on CL applied for the grant and after final deliberations by WHO/TDR,
he was among the 8 recipients of this 5000 USD grant awarded to each
individual. The research will involve interviewing 8-10 CL patients and
sending the translations to the University of Oxford in order to have a
qualitative analysis performed.  It is hoped that the results of this
research worldwide will help in designing clinical trials on CL based
on both expert advice and patient input. The research will resume as
soon as all ethical clearances have been obtained.