Subject: Significant Breakthrough in Burn Treatment at SUMS: Critically Burned Patient Successfully Treated
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-202      Publish Date : Sunday, October 29, 2023 Visit :
1741 

NEWS | Significant Breakthrough in Burn Treatment at SUMS: Critically
Burned Patient Successfully Treated 

Significant Breakthrough in Burn Treatment at SUMS: Critically Burned
Patient Successfully Treated 
Significant Breakthrough in Burn Treatment at SUMS: Critically Burned
Patient Successfully Treated 

Significant Breakthrough in Burn Treatment at SUMS: Critically Burn
Patient Successfully Treated

Amir-Al-Moemenin Hospital

A patient with severe and extensive burns (over 90% Total Body Surface
Area, TBSA) has been successfully treated and discharged from
Amir-Al-Moemenin Hospital, thanks to the dedicated efforts of SUMS
physicians, nurses, and other clinical staff.

Dr. Seyed Mohammad Mehdi Aslani, the CEO of Amir-Al-Moemenin Hospital,
announced that despite the alarming increase in burn patients admitted
to the center last summer, the collaborative efforts of professors and
the hospital's medical and support staff led to the successful
treatment and reunification of a patient with burns greater than 90%
TBSA with their family. He considered the recovery of this patient a
significant achievement in burn patient treatment and attributed it to
timely and rapid surgeries, teamwork, and modern treatment methods. He
also commended the efforts and cooperation of the nursing and medical
staff who provided care and complex dressings for the patient.

Furthermore, Alireza Ghorbanalipour, the director of the
Educational-Medical Center for Burn and Reconstructive Surgery at
Amir-Al-Moemenin Hospital, emphasized the notable difference in the
survival rate of burn patients at the hospital. He stated, "According
to statistics from burn research centers, the chances of recovery and
survival for patients with burns exceeding 50% TBSA are typically very
slight. However, this has become possible through the teamwork of
professors and the medical staff in the specialized burn care units,
operating rooms, and other burn inpatient units at SUMS." He added,
"Despite the extremely critical conditions for these patients, repeated
surgical procedures performed by specialists at this hospital, along
with continuous support from the specialized care units, have led to
successful treatment stages, and this patient has now been discharged
from the hospital."