Subject: Tajikistan’s President Meets with SUMS Tajik Students Online
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-206      Publish Date : Saturday, December 30, 2023 Visit
: 1718 

NEWS | Tajikistan’s President Meets with SUMS Tajik Students Online 

Tajikistan’s President Meets with SUMS Tajik Students Online 
Tajikistan’s President Meets with SUMS Tajik Students Online 

Tajikistan’s President Meets with SUMS Tajik Students Online

: President Emomali Rahmon of the Republic of Tajikistan Meets with
SUMS Tajik Students Online

President Emomali Rahmon of the Republic of Tajikistan joined a video
conference with a group of Tajik students studying at Shiraz University
of Medical Sciences (SUMS). This friendly gathering provided a platform
for the students to share their academic achievements with their
president.

The meeting, which coincided with the 35th anniversary of Tajikistan's
independence, was also attended by a number of Tajik health officials,
including the country’s Minister of Health. The Tajik students from
SUMS were accompanied by staff from the University’s Office of Vice
Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs.

During the virtual meeting, President Rahmon praised the city of Shiraz
as the birthplace of numerous scientific, literary, and artistic
luminaries. He also welcomed the expansion of ties between Tajikistan
and Iran, particularly in the areas of health care and education.
President Rahmon called for more Tajik students to pursue their studies
in Shiraz and gain experience in various fields of medicine.