Subject: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Excels in National Sports Competition for Non-Iranian Female Medical Students
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-209      Publish Date : Tuesday, February 27, 2024 Visit :
1788 

NEWS | Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Excels in National Sports
Competition for Non-Iranian Female M... 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Excels in National Sports
Competition for Non-Iranian Female Medical Students 
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Excels in National Sports
Competition for Non-Iranian Female Medical Students 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Excels in National Sports
Competition for Non-Iranian Female Medical Students

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences Excels in National Sports
Competition for Non-Iranian Female Medical Students

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) finished in second place
after Tehran University of Medical Sciences in the second national
sports competition for non-Iranian female students of medical
universities.

Fifteen students from SUMS participated in the tournament, held in
Sari, Mazandaran, competing in four sports disciplines. The team
managed to bring back four individual gold medals in swimming, physical
fitness, and rifle shooting and a silver team medal in tug-of-war.

Demonstrating outstanding performance, Maryam Safi from Afghanistan
emerged as the champion of the competition, as announced by Amin
Daneshvar, SUMS Director for Physical Education.

The SUMS team included students from India, Nigeria, Tajikistan,
Afghanistan, Lebanon, and Syria, with Dr. Ameneh Nikoee as the sports
team manager. Notable achievements included two gold medals in
swimming, a gold medal in rifle shooting, and a gold medal in physical
fitness won by Maryam Safi from Afghanistan, Fatima Zahoor from India,
and Habiba Shehu Abba from Nigeria, respectively. The tug-of-war team
consisted of Jennat Fatema from India, Tahirah Musa from Nigeria,
Fotima Karimzoda from Tajikistan, and Zainab Khattab from Syria, with
Yasmin Roustaee as their coach.