Subject: Regional Office for Academic and Scientific Cooperation Launched by SUMS and Tajikistan’s Ministry of Health
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-213      Publish Date : Wednesday, May 1, 2024 Visit :
1707 

NEWS | Regional Office for Academic and Scientific Cooperation Launched
by SUMS and Tajikistan’s Ministry o... 

Regional Office for Academic and Scientific Cooperation Launched by
SUMS and Tajikistan’s Ministry of Health 
Regional Office for Academic and Scientific Cooperation Launched by
SUMS and Tajikistan’s Ministry of Health 

Regional Office for Academic and Scientific Cooperation Launched by
SUMS and Tajikistan’s Ministry of Health

 

A formal ceremony took place on Wednesday, April 24, 2024, marking the
opening of the "Office of Academic and Scientific Cooperation" at the
headquarters of Tajikistan's Ministry of Health and Social Protection
of the Population. The office is tasked with coordinating joint
academic and healthcare projects between the Ministry and Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS).

The event was attended by Tajikistan’s Minister of Health, Iran's
ambassador to Tajikistan, as well as a delegation from SUMS, including
the University’s chancellor and vice chancellors for health and
international affairs.

Reflecting on the inauguration of the cooperation office, Dr. Seyed
Hasan Seradj, SUMS Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs (GSIA), described it as a testament to
Tajikistan’s confidence in SUMS capabilities. He expressed optimism
that this initiative would pave the way for the expedited
implementation of joint programs between the two entities.

“In view of the extensive scientific and educational relations between
SUMS and the Republic of Tajikistan, the establishment of a cooperation
office was proposed by the University and warmly received by the Tajik
side”, added Dr. Seradj. He emphasized that this new development would
facilitate the planning, coordination, and monitoring of mutual
interests and initiatives.

During a meeting on the sidelines of the ceremony, Tajikistan's
Minister of Health, Dr. Jamoliddin Abdullozoda, engaged in discussions
with SUMS chancellor Prof. Seyed Vahid Hosseini regarding future steps
to further enhance their bilateral relations.