Subject: SUMS Rises in 2024 Leiden and Webometrics Rankings
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-217      Publish Date : Tuesday, July 30, 2024 Visit :
1512 

NEWS | SUMS Rises in 2024 Leiden and Webometrics Rankings 

SUMS Rises in 2024 Leiden and Webometrics Rankings 
SUMS Rises in 2024 Leiden and Webometrics Rankings 

SUMS Rises in 2024 Leiden and Webometrics Rankings

SUMS Rises in 2024 Leiden and Webometrics Rankings

 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) reported a notable
improvement in its scientific performance in the CWTS Leiden Ranking
2024, climbing 49 places from 613th in 2023 to 564th this year.
Additionally, the Leiden report indicates that SUMS ranks fourth among
medical universities in Iran for 2024.

CWTS Leiden is a leading global platform for assessing universities’
scientific performance worldwide. It annually evaluates and ranks top
universities based on a set of robust bibliometric indicators. The
criteria for the 2024 Leiden Ranking include scientific impact,
collaboration, open access publishing, and gender diversity.

In a related update, the latest report by the Ranking Web of
Universities (Webometrics) places SUMS among the top 1000 universities
worldwide. The July ranking reveals that SUMS has climbed 53 places
compared to its position in January, now ranking 972nd among the
world's top universities.

In its updated methodology, Webometrics employs three assessment
indicators: visibility, transparency, and excellence. In the new
ranking of SUMS, all three indicators have shown improvement. Notably,
the visibility indicator (Web contents Impact), with a weight of 50%
and an increase of 585 points, has had a substantial impact on the
university's ranking advancement.