Subject: Uzbekistan Delegation Visits Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-218      Publish Date : Saturday, August 10, 2024 Visit :
1129 

NEWS | Uzbekistan Delegation Visits Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences 

Uzbekistan Delegation Visits Shiraz University of Medical Sciences 
Uzbekistan Delegation Visits Shiraz University of Medical Sciences 

Uzbekistan Delegation Visits Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

Uzbekistan Delegation Visits Shiraz University of Medical Sciences

Shiraz, Iran — On August 1, 2023, a delegation from Uzbekistan, led by
Dr. Jasur Sobirov, deputy director of the National Medical Center of
Uzbekistan, visited Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS). Dr.
Sobirov was welcomed by Dr. Seyed Vahid Hosseini, SUMS Chancellor, and
Dr. Hassan Seradj, SUMS VC for Global Strategies and International
Affairs.

During the meeting, Dr. Hosseini highlighted the rich medical history
of Shiraz and detailed SUMS educational and healthcare sectors. He also
emphasized the importance of enhancing international collaborations
between the two countries. Dr. Sobirov acknowledged the cultural,
historical, and social similarities between Shiraz and Uzbekistan,
calling the visit “the beginning of a new era in bilateral cooperation.”

His itinerary included tours of prominent healthcare facilities in
Shiraz, notably Avicenna Organ Transplant Hospital and the Center for
Comparative Experimental Medicine. While exploring SUMS academic
achievements and healthcare services, Dr. Sobirov underscored the
importance of strengthening collaborative efforts between the two
nations.

This visit may pave the way for future partnerships to enhance
healthcare and educational exchanges between Uzbekistan and Iran.