Subject: The Fourth International Congress on Cochlear Implant and Related Sciences will take place in Shiraz.
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-22      Publish Date : Tuesday, April 12, 2016 Visit :
4370 

NEWS | The Fourth International Congress on Cochlear Implant and
Related Sciences will take place in Shiraz... 

The Fourth International Congress on Cochlear Implant and Related
Sciences will take place in Shiraz. 
The Fourth International Congress on Cochlear Implant and Related
Sciences will take place in Shiraz. One thousand two hundred and fifty
cochlear implant surgical operations have been carried out in Shiraz. 

 

The Fourth International Congress on Cochlear Implant and Related
Sciences will take place in Shiraz. One thousand two hundred and fifty
cochlear implant surgical operations have been carried out in shiraz.

Scientific secretary of the Fourth international congress on cochlear
implant and related sciences announced, “the congress will take place
in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences from May 8 to May 10,2016.

According to "Webda" in Shiraz on January 3 in Fars Media Dr.Syed
Bashir Hashemi informed that one thousand two hundred and fifty people
began to hear due to cochlear implant surgical operations .

12-year history of the use of cochlear implant surgical procedures.

He referred to the history of the country and Shiraz in surgery and
added that Iran had twenty-five years of experience in cochlear implant
surgical operations, there is twelve years of experiences in Shiraz.
The three previous congresses in this field have been held in Tehran
and this year the Fourth International Congress on cochlear implant and
related sciences will be held in Shiraz to celebrate the 12th
anniversary of the implementation of this surgery.

Chairman of the Scientific Committee of the National Commission on
Cochlear Implants informed that seven thousand cochlear implant
surgical operations were carried out in Iran, and one thousand two
hundred and fifty operations were carried out Shiraz.

Dr. Hashemi spoke about the implementation of this surgery for people
who were born deaf or lost their hearing due to other reasons and added
that speech followed hearing and as a result of that surgery both
hearing and speech were returned.

The head of the cochlear implant Surgery Center in Shiraz referred that
the Fourth International Congress on cochlear implant and related
sciences would be held in Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, He
said prominent domestic and foreign professors would present latest
scientific achievements in the field of cochlear implant surgery and
related sciences during the three-day Congress.

He mentioned the main purpose of this Congress is to update scientific
information among ENT specialist, and he continued that other purpose
of the organizers to exchange information, to exchange scientific
experience, to transfer technology and new knowledge from international
scientists in the field of cochlear implant and related sciences.

Scientific Secretary of the Congress informed that domestic and foreign
professors and practitioners of surgery and rehabilitation would
exchange the information to acquire knowledge how to treat deaf
patients and their families.

Dr.Hashemi added: “ The main topics of the International Congress will
be cochlear implants, middle ear implants, audiology, implantable
hearing aids, speech and language issues, and implantation in the inner
ear normalizes”.