Subject: Iranian Neuroscientist Tops Asia in Epilepsy Research
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-220      Publish Date : Sunday, September 22, 2024 Visit :
1721 

NEWS | Iranian Neuroscientist Tops Asia in Epilepsy Research 

Iranian Neuroscientist Tops Asia in Epilepsy Research 
Iranian Neuroscientist Tops Asia in Epilepsy Research 

Iranian Neuroscientist Tops Asia in Epilepsy Research

 

A member of SUMS faculty has been recognized as among the world's
“Highly Ranked Scholars” in epilepsy, according to the latest rankings
by ScholarGPS. Dr. Ali Akbar Asadi Pooya, a professor of Epileptology
at the University’s Department of Neurology, has secured the ninth
position globally and the first in Asia in this field.

ScholarGPS, a California-based company that specializes in analyzing
global scientific research, evaluates top scientists based on the
quantity, impact, and quality of their publications. Dr. Asadi Pooya, a
pioneer in the epilepsy subspecialty in Iran, has authored 353 articles
in prestigious journals, including The Lancet.

In addition to his research contributions, he created several
innovative tools, including Epipick, a software for epilepsy treatment;
GET, a program for managing genetic epilepsies; and an AI-powered
platform designed for diagnosing non-epileptic seizures. Notably, he is
the only Iranian scientist serving on the scientific committees of both
the International League Against Epilepsy and the Epilepsy Academy.