Subject: Shiraz Designated as Asia’s Capital of Environment for 2024
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-221      Publish Date : Monday, October 14, 2024 Visit :
2403 

NEWS | Shiraz Designated as Asia’s Capital of Environment for 2024 

Shiraz Designated as Asia’s Capital of Environment for 2024 
Shiraz Designated as Asia’s Capital of Environment for 2024 

Shiraz Designated as Asia’s Capital of Environment for 2024

Shiraz Elected as Asia’s Capital of Environment for 2024

Shiraz has been officially recognized as Asia’s Capital of Environment
for 2024, an accolade endorsed by the Asian Mayors Forum (AMF). Dr.
Mohammad Hassan Asadi, the Mayor of Shiraz, announced the achievement
following the successful submission of the city's documentation
highlighting its commitment to cleanliness and environmental
sustainability.

Standing as the fifth most populous city in Iran, Shiraz boasts
relatively lower pollution levels compared to other major Iranian
cities. According to the data from the Fars province Department of
Environmental Protection, air quality monitoring stations have
registered 92% of the days of this year for Shiraz as clean days.

AMF is an international non-governmental and non-profit organization,
dedicated to fostering collaboration among mayors and city managers
across Asia. Its primary goals include enhancing urban and public
diplomacy, facilitating knowledge exchange in various fields, and
promoting the transfer of best practices in urban management.