Subject: SUMS International Students Excel at the International Multimedia Festival of Cultural Heritage
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-223      Publish Date : Sunday, November 17, 2024 Visit :
1197 

NEWS | SUMS International Students Excel at the International
Multimedia Festival of Cultural Heritage 

SUMS International Students Excel at the International Multimedia
Festival of Cultural Heritage 
SUMS International Students Excel at the International Multimedia
Festival of Cultural Heritage 

SUMS International Students Excel at the International Multimedia
Festival of Cultural Heritage

SUMS International Students Excel at the International Multimedia
Festival of Cultural Heritage

The third International Multimedia Festival of Cultural Heritage was
held at the prestigious Hafez Hall in the historic city of Shiraz. The
event was attended by several senior national and provincial officials
including Iran’s Minister of Cultural Heritage, Tourism and
Handicrafts, as well as the Governor of Fars province.

At the festival, two of SUMS international students, from Lebanon and
Indian-administered Kashmir, represented a total of fourteen
award-winning students from India, Iraq, Afghanistan, and Lebanon. They
showcased their talents in photography and painting contests, exploring
diverse themes including nature, ethnography, family life, historical
monuments, customs and ceremonies, notable personalities, Iranian
souvenirs, and traditional Iranian arts. They received a certificate of
appreciation and a trophy from Iran’s Deputy Minister for Cultural
Heritage.

Dr. Seyed Hassan Seradj, SUMS Vice-Chancellor for International
Affairs, expressed pride in the active participation of students from
SUMS International Education Program (IEP). He emphasized the event's
significance in fostering international cultural exchange and
understanding, stating, "Such events facilitate effective communication
among students and introduce them to the customs and traditions of
their host community."