Subject: Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Science: International Experts Explore Traditional Medicine in Shiraz
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-224      Publish Date : Wednesday, December 4, 2024 Visit
: 1506 

NEWS | Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Science: International Experts
Explore Traditional Medicine in Shiraz 

Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Science: International Experts Explore
Traditional Medicine in Shiraz 
Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Science: International Experts Explore
Traditional Medicine in Shiraz 

Ancient Wisdom Meets Modern Science: International Experts Explore
Traditional Medicine in Shiraz

 

A multinational group of leading experts in gerontology and indigenous
medicine from Indonesia, Austria, South Korea, and Ghana visited Shiraz
on Sunday, November 24, 2024, to explore the advancements in
traditional and complementary medicine made by Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS). The visit, which took place on the sidelines
of the “International Symposium on Policy, Legal and Regulatory
Landscape of Traditional and Complementary Medicine” in Tehran, aimed
to foster international collaboration and knowledge exchange.

During their stay, the experts toured SUMS' Traditional Medicine
Clinic, gaining insights into its specialized treatments and therapies.
They were also invited to a presentation on the fundamental principles
of Traditional Persian Medicine, followed by a fruitful discussion on
the similarities and differences between various regional therapeutic
techniques. The group explored potential avenues for future
collaboration with their Iranian peers in areas of mutual interest.

 

Beyond their academic pursuits, the international delegation took the
opportunity to immerse themselves in Shiraz's rich cultural heritage.
They visited renowned historical and cultural sites, including the tomb
of Hafez, the ancient city of Persepolis and the nearby Necropolis,
gaining a deeper appreciation for Iran's ancient civilization.