Subject: Shiraz Showcases Medical Excellence at Health Tourism Exhibition in Tehran
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-226      Publish Date : Monday, February 17, 2025 Visit :
1567 

NEWS | Shiraz Showcases Medical Excellence at Health Tourism Exhibition
in Tehran 

Shiraz Showcases Medical Excellence at Health Tourism Exhibition in
Tehran 
Shiraz Showcases Medical Excellence at Health Tourism Exhibition in
Tehran 

Shiraz Showcases Medical Excellence at Health Tourism Exhibition in
Tehran

 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) attended the Health
Tourism Exhibition in Iran's capital, Tehran, held from February 11-14,
2025. The University set up a booth to highlight the city’s
advancements in medicine and healthcare, drawing attention from both
domestic and international stakeholders. Accompanying SUMS officials
from the Health Tourism Unit were representatives from private
healthcare centers, including Abu Ali Sina Transplant Hospital, Kowsar
Hospital, Shiraz Central Hospital, and Ordibehesht Hospital.

During the four-day exhibition, SUMS health tourism team engaged in
fruitful discussions with counterparts from across the country,
exploring opportunities for regional collaborations. Notably, the team
renewed a Memorandum of Understanding with Abadan University of Medical
Sciences, and initiated talks with Arvand Free Zone Organization
regarding an agreement to accommodate patients from Iraq. Additionally,
the delegation held discussions with a private company about extending
health services to patients from Bangladesh.

In a meeting with the Director of Health Tourism Office at Iran’s
Ministry of Health, SUMS delegation highlighted the need to shift
public hospitals' International Patient Departments (IPD) to the
private sector for smoother access for international patients.
Furthermore, they stressed the importance of issuing IPD licenses to
qualified medical laboratories and radiology centers in Shiraz,
ensuring compliance with established standards.