Subject: Exploring Joint Ventures
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-228      Publish Date : Wednesday, April 23, 2025 Visit :
984 

NEWS | Exploring Joint Ventures 

Exploring Joint Ventures 
SUMS and Bashkir State Medical University Hold Productive Talks 

Exploring Joint Ventures: SUMS and Bashkir State Medical University
Hold Productive Talks

 

On Tuesday, April 23, 2025, officials from the international relations
departments of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) and Bashkir
State Medical University (BSMU) in Ufa, Russia, participated in a
cordial online meeting to explore potential joint ventures in academics
and research.

During the discussion, both parties shared insights on their
educational and scientific strengths and reviewed the history of their
collaboration. Dr. Manica Negahdaripour, SUMS Vice Chancellor for
Global Strategies and International Affairs, highlighted the
university's research capabilities and the importance of
inter-institutional partnerships. Meanwhile, Dr. Rasul Farshatov, BSMU
Dean for International Students, suggested the feasibility of offering
short-term courses and observerships as part of student and faculty
exchange programs.

The meeting concluded with an agreement to establish a Memorandum of
Understanding to serve as a framework for future collaborations.
Additionally, both institutions extended friendly invitations for
official visits and participation in upcoming scientific events.