Subject: Bashkir and Shiraz Medical Universities Discuss Joint Research and Exchange Programs
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-229      Publish Date : Sunday, May 18, 2025 Visit : 1710 

NEWS | Bashkir and Shiraz Medical Universities Discuss Joint Research
and Exchange Programs 

Bashkir and Shiraz Medical Universities Discuss Joint Research and
Exchange Programs 
Bashkir and Shiraz Medical Universities Discuss Joint Research and
Exchange Programs 

Bashkir and Shiraz Medical Universities Discuss Joint Research and
Exchange Programs

 

A delegation of leading professors and surgeons from Russia’s Bashkir
State Medical University (BSMU) visited SUMS Mohammad Rasulollah (PBUH)
Research Tower on Thursday May 15, 2025. The delegation was hosted by a
number of SUMS officials including the University’s Vice-Chancellor for
Global Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA) and the Head of the
Research Tower.

This visit followed initial collaborative interactions, including
correspondence and an online meeting last month. BSMU is a recognized
center of excellence in urology and actively conducts research in
ophthalmologic surgery, emerging scientific fields, applied basic
sciences, and pharmaceuticals.

Dr. Manica Negahdaripour, SUMS Vice-Chancellor for GSIA, highlighted
that the visit involved a tour of the Tower’s research and laboratory
capabilities. Both delegations engaged in discussions and exchanged
insights on potential scientific and international collaborations, as
well as their respective institutions’ overarching strategies.

The meeting also covered the implementation of joint research projects,
student and researcher exchange programs, participation in scientific
events, and access to research facilities. Both parties agreed to hold
future meetings to further explore these possibilities and develop a
concrete plan for initiating collaborative activities.