Subject: SUMS Faculty Member Scales the Highest Volcano in Asia
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-230      Publish Date : Tuesday, September 9, 2025 Visit :
656 

NEWS | SUMS Faculty Member Scales the Highest Volcano in Asia 

SUMS Faculty Member Scales the Highest Volcano in Asia 
SUMS Faculty Member Scales the Highest Volcano in Asia 

SUMS Faculty Member Scales the Highest Volcano in Asia

SUMS Faculty Member Scales the Highest Volcano in Asia

Dr. Syed Ebrahim Managheb, a faculty member of the Department of
Anesthesiology at the School of Nursing, Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences (SUMS), has successfully climbed Mount Damavand — the highest
peak in Iran and the tallest volcano in Asia (5,609 m a.s.l.).

Following extensive preparation and regular training, Dr. Managheb
began his ascent from the mountain’s northeast route at an altitude of
2,800 meters. After five hours of climbing, he reached the 4,350-meter
base camp, where he rested before commencing the final push to the
summit at sunrise. Alongside his teammates, he reached the summit by
midday, spending 45 minutes at the top before starting his descent. In
total, the expedition covered 21 kilometers.

Dr. Mohsen Davoudi, Director of Physical Education at SUMS,
congratulated Dr. Managheb on this achievement, describing it as “a
testament to the determination and perseverance of the university’s
faculty.” He emphasized that with careful planning and physical
readiness, challenges can be overcome.

Encouraging a culture of vitality, health, and dedication, Dr. Davoudi
invited all SUMS students, staff, and faculty members to actively
participate in the university’s weekly mountaineering programs.