Subject: Five‑Year Accreditation Awarded to SUMS MBBS Program
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-231      Publish Date : Tuesday, September 9, 2025 Visit :
1676 

NEWS | Five‑Year Accreditation Awarded to SUMS MBBS Program 

Five‑Year Accreditation Awarded to SUMS MBBS Program 
Five‑Year Accreditation Awarded to SUMS MBBS Program 

Five‑Year Accreditation Awarded to SUMS MBBS Program

 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) has been awarded a
five‑year accreditation by Iran’s Ministry of Health for its
international Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) program —
a recognition underscoring the university’s sustained excellence in
medical education.

Announcing the achievement, SUMS Chancellor Prof. Seyed Basir Hashemi
stated that the accreditation was the outcome of rigorous,
comprehensive evaluations covering curriculum design, educational
infrastructure, and clinical services.  

“Maintaining and elevating the quality of our international education
remains a strategic priority for the university,” Prof. Hashemi added,
noting that the accreditation certifies the MBBS program’s full
compliance with national standards and its delivery of high‑quality
medical education.

Dr. Manica Negahdaripour, Vice‑Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs (GSIA), expressed her appreciation for the
efforts of the Dean of the Medical School, faculty members, staff, and
students in advancing this program. She stated that this achievement,
which constitutes the highest rating in the country in this field, is
the result of the collective determination of the university community,
and particularly the successful collaboration between the Office Vice
Chancellor for GSIA and the Faculty of Medicine.

MBBS —Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery— is among the most
important medical education programs offered by prestigious
universities worldwide. In Iran, it is provided at a limited number of
medical universities exclusively for international students.