Subject: Bridging Culture and Environmental Awareness
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-232      Publish Date : Saturday, September 20, 2025 Visit
: 664 

NEWS | Bridging Culture and Environmental Awareness 

Bridging Culture and Environmental Awareness 
International Students Plant Tree at SUMS to Honor Mothers 

Bridging Culture and Environmental Awareness: International Students
Plant Tree at SUMS to Honor Mothers

International Students Plant Tree at SUMS to Honor Mothers

In an event that blended cultural appreciation with environmental
stewardship, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) hosted a
tree-planting ceremony at its School of Medicine. The initiative was
part of India’s global campaign, “Ek Ped Maa Ke Naam” (“A Tree in
Mother’s Name”), aimed at honoring mothers while promoting a greener
planet.

Organized in collaboration with SUMS international students, the event
drew officials from the University’s Office of Vice-Chancellor for
Global Strategies and International Affairs (GSIA) and the School of
Medicine. A single sapling was planted on campus to symbolize a mother’s
love and sacrifice, as well as humanity’s responsibility to nurture the
Earth.

International Students Plant Tree at SUMS to Honor Mothers

The “A Tree in Mother’s Name” campaign is a key component of India’s
LiFE (Lifestyle for Environment) mission, which has already resulted in
millions of trees being planted and successfully inspired participation
in multiple countries. At SUMS, the ceremony underscored how
environmental causes can strengthen cultural bonds and foster global
cooperation.

Speaking at the ceremony, university officials emphasized that such
initiatives enrich campus green spaces while cultivating international
friendships and promoting lifelong environmental awareness.
Participants embraced the event as an inspiring contribution to
sustainable development and expressed enthusiasm for similar programs
in the future.