Subject: SUMS Rises in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2026
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-233      Publish Date : Saturday, October 18, 2025 Visit :
1104 

NEWS | SUMS Rises in Times Higher Education World University Rankings
2026 

SUMS Rises in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2026 
Advancing on the World Stage SUMS Rises in Times Higher Education World
University Rankings 2026 

Advancing on the World Stage

SUMS Rises in Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2026

 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) has advanced to the 601–800
band in the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Rankings
2026. The THE World University Rankings, published annually in late
September or early October, assess institutions worldwide based on
teaching, research quality, research environment, industry income, and
international outlook.

Professor Seyed Basir Hashemi, Chancellor of SUMS, highlighted the
significance of this progress. “For four consecutive years, SUMS’s
global ranking remained in the 801–1000 band,” he said. “This year’s
upward movement reflects improved performance across several key
indicators. Despite ongoing challenges, the university continues to
demonstrate strong potential for further advancement in global
rankings.”

 

Elaborating on THE’s WUR 2026 evaluation criteria, Dr. Manika
Negahdaripour, Vice-Chancellor for International Affairs, emphasized
the University’s strategic efforts to identify and strengthen
influential areas of performance. She added that continuity in this
path will lead to further elevation of SUMS’ global standing,
ultimately fostering broader international engagement and cooperation.