Subject: Five-Year Accreditation Granted to SUMS MBBS Program
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-236      Publish Date : Tuesday, April 28, 2026 Visit :
226 

NEWS | Five-Year Accreditation Granted to SUMS MBBS Program 

Five-Year Accreditation Granted to SUMS MBBS Program 
Five-Year Accreditation Granted to SUMS MBBS Program 

Five-Year Accreditation Granted to SUMS' MBBS Program

Dr. Manica Negahdaripour

Iran’s Ministry of Health and Medical Education has granted Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) a five-year national
accreditation for its MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery)
program, marking a major milestone for the institution. According to
the official evaluation, SUMS received full approval to offer the
program for the next five years — the highest level of accreditation
awarded in the country.

Dr. Manica Negahdaripour, SUMS Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies
and International Affairs, hailed the achievement as a testament to the
sustained efforts of faculty members, administrators, experts, and
students. “Obtaining this level of accreditation, which represents the
highest national ranking, demonstrates the outstanding quality of
education, advanced standards, and strong scientific infrastructure of
SUMS,” she said.

The MBBS is an internationally recognized undergraduate medical degree
and one of the most widely adopted formats of medical education
worldwide. It is offered at many leading universities in the United
Kingdom, parts of Europe, and India.