Subject: The Vice Chancellors of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) Met with the Deputy Secretary General of the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation in Germany
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-29      Publish Date : Saturday, March 25, 2017 Visit :
5638 

NEWS | The Vice Chancellors of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
(SUMS) Met with the Deputy Secretary G... 

The Vice Chancellors of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)
Met with the Deputy Secretary General of the Alexander von Humboldt
Foundation in Germany 
The Vice Chancellors of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)
Met with the Deputy Secretary General of the Alexander von Humboldt
Foundation in Germany 

 

The Vice Chancellors of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)
Met with the Deputy Secretary General of the Alexander von Humboldt
Foundation in Germany, Emphasizing the Mutual Collaboration Between the
Two Institutions

 

 

According to Webda news reporter, Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies
and International Affairs of Shiraz University of Medical Sciences gave
an introduction of the university, emphasizing on the development of
academic ties with other universities as well as sending professors
abroad for research opportunities.

Dr. Nasrollah Erfani, the Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs, expressed hope that support from international
institutions such as the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation will play a
major role in the development of the cooperation between Shiraz
University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) and German universities and
scientific centers.

Homboldt at SUMS

Dr. Thomas Hesse, the Deputy Secretary General of the Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation described the supports and scholarships for
academic exchange especially post-doctoral education and research
opportunities in Germany granted by the Alexander von Humboldt
Foundation in detail by providing relevant statistics, mentioning that
most of the scholarships awarded to the middle-eastern countries were
allocated to Iranians. “After the termination of their scholarships,
foreign professors can apply for financial support if they intend to
conduct relevant research in their own countries”, he added.

Homboldt at SUMS

Dr. Nasrollah Erfani, the Vice Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs; Dr. Mahmood Nejabat, the Vice-Chancellor for
Education; Dr. Seyed Basir Hashemi, the Vice-Chancellor for Research
and Technology Affairs; and Dr. Zohreh Mostafavi-Pour, the Director of
Graduate Studies, expressed and exchanged their opinions and
suggestions on the effective interactions with the Alexander von
Humboldt Foundation. Dr. Amir Reza Jasbi, the Advisor of the Vice
Chancellor for Global Strategies and International Affairs and Dr.
Bahram Hemmati Nejad, the faculty member at Medical and Natural
chemistry Research Center were other members present at the meeting.

If you are interested in obtaining more information about Humboldt
Institute, please click
<https://www.humboldt-foundation.de/web/home.html>  here.