Subject: Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities for International Students in Shiraz, Iran, 2018-2019
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-35      Publish Date : Sunday, January 14, 2018 Visit :
34896 

NEWS | Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities for International
Students in Shiraz, Iran, 2018-2019 

Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities for International Students in
Shiraz, Iran, 2018-2019 
Undergraduate Scholarship Opportunities for International Students in
Shiraz, Iran, 2018-2019 

Undergraduate Scholarship opportunities for International Students in
Shiraz, Iran, 2018-2019

SUMS

Description: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) will award a
variety of generous scholarships to the applicants demonstrating
outstanding educational skills in order to help them afford pursuing
their education, all students applying to one of the undergraduate
programs listed below at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS)
are invited to apply for these scholarships. The undergraduate
scholarship program is available to all undergraduate international
students from across the world.

Study Field(s): As we believe cost should not be a barrier to pursue
educational dreams, we offer generous scholarship options to students
from every socioeconomic background. Interested applicants can apply to
the below listed programs:

*	 Doctor of Medicine (M.D.)
*	 Doctor of Dental Medicine (D.M.D.)
*	 Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm. D.)
*	 All Other Undergraduate Programs

Course Level: Undergraduate

Enrolment Type: Full-time

Eligibility Criteria:

*	 The applicant must not be a citizen of Iran.
*	 The candidate may not hold dual citizenship, where the first
or second citizenship is from Iran.
*	 The candidate must hold a high school diploma or the
equivalent.

Requirements:

*	 A secondary school diploma or the equivalent certificate
*	o    Important notice: Please note that applicants should
submit a certified copy of their School Leaving Certificate from an
accredited high school/senior secondary school and certificate listing
all the subjects they have taken and the grades they have achieved.
Please note that the school reports should include all graded results
obtained during your studies.
*	 Transcript of the Records (Marksheets) of the secondary and
higher secondary school
*	 Curriculum vitae (CV)
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18457/CV-Template-and-Instructions> 
*	 Cover Letter
<http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/en/page/18458/Cover-Letter-Template-and-Instruct
ions> 
*	 Color scans of the main page of the passport in high quality
in any graphics file formats (PDF, JPEG, PNG)
*	 Passport-size photo

 

Duration of the Award(s): The Undergraduate Scholarships are granted
for a maximum period of 12 months. The scholarship is renewed on a
yearly basis depending on the academic progress of the student.

Medium of instruction

The Medium of Instruction for the applicants of M.D., D.M.D. and
Pharm.D. for the first two or three years of their studies is the
English Language, However, due to the necessity of communicating with
local patients, from the second or third year onwards (depending on the
program) the medium of Instruction will change to Persian Language.

Types of Scholarship and What They Cover

*	Type C Scholarship covers all your expenses (including
registration fee, furnished accommodation, Persian language courses)
except for the tuition fee and English language courses (if deemed
necessary).
*	Type B Scholarship is a partial or full tuition-waiver
scholarship, which covers fees of registration, furnished
accommodation, Persian language courses, and discount on the tuition
fee ranging from 1% to 100%.

How to Apply: Applications can be submitted only online at
www.gsia.sums.ac.ir <http://www.gsia.sums.ac.ir/> .

Application Deadline: May 21, 2018

Application Process: The candidate should fill out the online
application form and submit it. In addition to that, the applicant is
required to attach a cover letter to the application form, determining
which type of scholarship they are applying for explaining why they
believe themselves to be eligible for this scholarship. Once
applications are received by Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
(SUMS), they will be reviewed by the Scholarship Committee. As the
selection process is completed, candidates will be notified of the
results via e-mail.

Notification: Selection of the candidates will be in June 2018 and
results will be announced in July 2018.

Scholarship Application Deadline: There is no deadline for this
application. However, we accept students only for the Fall semester
2018. Please make sure to submit your application in time enough in
order that your application can be taken into the consideration for the
upcoming semester if you wish to apply for the Fall semester 2018-2019.

Scholarship Provider: Shiraz University of Medical Sciences, Shiraz,
Iran.

Number of Scholarships:  Unlimited

Contact Details:

Email: [email-masked]

Website Address: www.gsia.sums.ac.ir <http://www.gsia.sums.ac.ir/en> 

Tel.: (+98 71) 32 12 28 84

Fax: (+98 71) 32 35 69 96