Subject: Department of Neuroscience, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences equips with the advanced neurocognitive assessment platforms of international standards
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-41      Publish Date : Monday, July 23, 2018 Visit : 5881 

NEWS | Department of Neuroscience, Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences equips with the advanced neurocogn... 

Department of Neuroscience, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
equips with the advanced neurocognitive assessment platforms of
international standards 
Department of Neuroscience, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
equips with the advanced neurocognitive assessment platforms of
international standards 

 

Department of Neuroscience, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
Equips with the Advanced Neurocognitive Assessment Platforms of
International Standards

 Neurocognitive

 

According to Dr. Younes Ghasemi, the Dean of the School of Advanced
Medical Sciences and Technologies, Shiraz University of Medical
Sciences, the neuroscience laboratory (NSL-Brain, Cognition, and
Behavior) at SUMS is equipped with the advanced neurocognitive
assessment batteries and related neurotechnological toolboxes of
highest technical standards.

Besides neurotechological assessment and intervention tools at NSL,
such neurocognitive online and off-line computerized batteries would
exam attention, learning, memory,  emotion regulation and executive
functions, Dr. Ghasemi remarked.

This has become operational following interdisciplinary initiatives
based on the memorandum of understanding by and between the Department
of Neuroscience at SUMS, Shiraz and the Brain and Cognition Clinic at
the Institute for Cognitive Science (ICSS), Tehran. According to Dr.
Mohammad Nami, Head of the Department of Neuroscience at SUMS,
utilizing the CANTAB and CBS-CP assessment tools would enable bilateral
shared efforts and initiatives both on steering scientific research and
clinical/cognitive neuroscience services at SUMS and collaborating
institutions. On the basis of individualized neurocognitive
evaluations, cognitive rehabilitation therapy would be optimally
designed and rendered in clinical neuroscience context.