Subject: Orientation Program
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-43      Publish Date : Sunday, September 30, 2018 Visit :
3854 

NEWS | Orientation Program 

Orientation Program 
SUMS to Hold International Student Orientation Program 

SUMS to Hold International Student Orientation Program

Orientation Program

 

To introduce new international students to life at Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS), SUMS is going to run International Student
Orientation Program, which extends from October 8, 2019 to October 11,
2019. The program is designed to support the new international students
with substantial information on life in Iran, academic life at SUMS,
SUMS’ regulations, etc. During the program, students are picked up from
their hall of residence to the venue and returned to the residence by
free university vehicle.

Further, New international students should plan to arrive early to
attend the Orientation program and to benefit SUMS’ free airport pickup
to the student residence hall, which is available only on October 5-8,
2019. Students will also receive their orientation schedule and other
important documents during residence hall check-in.

The following table illustrates the programs designed to familiarize
the students with life at SUMS: 

 	 Orientation Program Timetable	 
Day	 Date	 Time	 Agenda
Day 1 	Monday, October 08, 2018

8:30 a.m.-16:00 p.m.	 Inauguration:

*	Quran Recitation & National Anthem of Iran
*	Opening Talk
*	The Welcome Speech of the Chancellor of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences
*	An Introduction to SUMS by Vice-Chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs

Workshop 1: Introduction to Life in Iran

Workshop 2: Adaptation to the New       Environment

Workshop 3: An Introduction to SUMS’ Language Department

Workshop 4: A Talk on International Students’ Consular Affairs

Workshop 5: Pre-test for Counseling Session

Day 2	 Tuesday, October 09, 2018	 9:00 a.m.-15:30 p.m.
Inauguration: Opening Talk

Workshop 1: A Brief Introduction on SUMS’ Educational Rules and
Regulations and the 1st Semester Schedule

Workshop 2: An Introduction to SUMS’ Students’ Counseling Program

Workshop 3: Tips for Freshers

Closing Event: Campus Tour

Day 3	 Wednesday, ctober10, 2018	 8:30 a.m.-19:00 p.m.	 Event
1: English Placement Test

Event 2: Persian Interview

Event 3: Campus Tour

Closing Event: Shiraz Tour

Day 4	 Thursday, October 11, 2018

8:00 a.m.-13:30 p.m.	 Banking and Registration