Subject: The Chancellor Orates in Fall 2018 International Student Orientation Program (IOP) at SUMS
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-44      Publish Date : Wednesday, October 10, 2018 Visit :
4577 

NEWS | The Chancellor Orates in Fall 2018 International Student
Orientation Program (IOP) at SUMS 

The Chancellor Orates in Fall 2018 International Student Orientation
Program (IOP) at SUMS 
The Chancellor Orates in Fall 2018 International Student Orientation
Program (ISOP) at SUMS 

 The Chancellor Orates in Fall 2018 International Student Orientation
Program (ISOP) at SUMS

International Student Orientation Program

The first day of the ISOP at Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
(SUMS) has the honor to host The Chancellor of the University. Dr. Ali
Bahador gives his speech to address the new international students for
an incessant endeavor to apprehend knowledge and enrich their
personalities with human moralities. He also encourages them to become
an effective member of the University community benefiting the restless
and generous support of the University’s elite professors and
researchers as well as the presence of the most modern facilities and
equipment.   

Dr. Nasrrollah Erfani, the Vice-Chancellor for Global Strategies and
International Affairs (GSIA), as the second speaker maintains, this
year, the Office of the Vice-Chancellor for GSIA has received 2000
applications and after a demanding procedure, 50 persons have the
opportunity of attending the University. He adds, the great number of
applications indicates the prestigious place of the University in the
region and its constant spread of fame. He concludes his speech
mentioning that the University celebrates the new academic year with
its new international students from India, Lebanon, Iraq, Pakistan,
Nigeria, and Indonesia.

International Student Orientation Program 

As the Director of International Networking and Marketing, Maryam
Daneshmandi, states, during the ISOP, the international new students
are familiarized with the University’s regulations, administrative
system, departments, campai, and facilities. She, further, remarks that
the productive workshops of preparing the students to adjust themselves
to the new environment and life in Iran are held by SUMS’ faculty
members as a substantial part of the program. Finally, she mentions
that the ISOP ends on Thursday, October 11, 2018, proceeding with
banking procedure and officially registering the new international
students.