Subject: White Coat Ceremony at SUMS
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-46      Publish Date : Monday, January 21, 2019 Visit :
4242 

NEWS | White Coat Ceremony at SUMS 

White Coat Ceremony at SUMS 
White Coat Ceremony at SUMS 

White Coat Ceremony at SUMS: The First Batch of SUMS’ International
Students to Enter the Clinical Phase

 

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences held the White Coat Ceremony on
Jan. 20, 2019.The ceremony was inaugurated by the Dean of the School of
Medicine’s speech. Dr. Khosravi, the Dean, congratulated the students
on their success in completing the Pre-clinical Phase and their
transition to the Clinical Phase. He also explained to them the way
they are going to receive training in clinical settings and asked them
to become future expert physicians by exposing themselves to a myriad
of case studies.

 

The ceremony continued on with delivering other speeches by respected
faculty members among whom Dr. Nasrollah Erfani, the Vice-Chancellor
for Global Strategies and International Affairs, addressed the audience
elaborating the activities done in order to internationalize the
University. “This year’s ceremony congratulates SUMS’ first
international students, who have successfully satisfied the
Pre-clinical stage and are trained to pursue clinical studies alongside
our 150 Iranian students in the University’s teaching hospitals”, he
added. Then, 4 students, 3 Iranian and 1 international, symbolically
put the white coat on. The students, finally, took the Hippocratic Oath
swearing to elevate scientific expertise and declaring their commitment
to patient care and morality.