Subject: SUMS to Hold New International Student Orientation Program
From: "http://gsia.sums.ac.ir/"

Shiraz University of Medical Sciences - SUMS 
Code : 18322-64      Publish Date : Wednesday, October 9, 2019 Visit :
4442 

NEWS | SUMS to Hold New International Student Orientation Program 

SUMS to Hold New International Student Orientation Program 
SUMS to Hold New International Student Orientation Program 

SUMS to Hold New International Student Orientation Program

SUMS to Hold New International Student Orientation Program

 

To introduce new international students to life at Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences (SUMS), SUMS is going to run International Student
Orientation Program, which extends from October 14, 2019 to October 17,
2019. The program is designed to support the new international students
with substantial information on life in Iran, academic life at SUMS,
SUMS regulations, etc. During the program, students are picked up from
their hall of residence to the venue and returned to the residence by
free university vehicle.

Further, New international students should plan to arrive early to
attend the Orientation Program and to benefit from SUMS free airport
pickup to the student residence hall, which is available only on
October 11-13, 2019. Students will also receive their orientation
schedule and other important documents during residence hall check-in.

The following table illustrates the programs designed to familiarize
the students with life at SUMS: 

 	 Orientation Program Timetable	 
Day	 Date	 Time	 Agenda
Day 1 	Monday, October 14, 2019

9:00 a.m.-15:30 p.m.	 Inauguration:

*	Quran Recitation & National Anthem of Iran
*	Opening Talk
*	The Welcome Speech of the Chancellor of Shiraz University of
Medical Sciences or His Representative
*	An Introduction to SUMS by Vice-Chancellor for Global
Strategies and International Affairs

Workshop 1: Introduction to Life in Iran

Workshop 2: An Introduction to International Students’ Consular Affairs

Workshop 3: Tips for Freshers

Closing Event: Campus Tour

Day 2	 Tuesday, October 15, 2019	 9:00 a.m.-17:30 p.m.
Inauguration: Opening Talk

Workshop 1: An Introduction to SUMS Educational Rules and Regulations
and the 1st Semester Schedule

Workshop 2: An Introduction to International Students’ Counseling
Services

Closing Event: Shiraz Tour

Day 3	 Wednesday, ctober 16, 2019	 8:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m.	 Event
1: English Placement Test

Event 2: Persian Placement Test

Closing Event: Campus Tour

Day 4	 Thursday, October 17, 2019

8:00 a.m.-13:30 p.m.	 Banking and Registration